Guide updated for 3.3 on Druid healing.
- Speccing And Glyphing
- Tank Healing (10/25 Man Raids)
- 5 Man Dungeon Healing
- Raid Healing (10/25 Man Raids)
- PvP Healing (Battleground/Arena)
- Gems And Enchants
Speccing And Glyphing (1)
This is a beginners healing spec with 3/3 points in Celestial Focus, increasing your Haste by quite a lot. For new 80′s, this spec is recommended.
For all purpose, “cookie-cutter” healing, this one is recommended. It doesn’t have any points in Celestial Focus but has 2/2 points in Improved Barkskin. It also has 3/3 in Living Spirit (compared to 1/3 in the starter spec) .
Major - Glyph of Swiftmend
A must-have in my opinion. It stops your Swiftmend ability from consuming a HoT on the target. You no longer have to waste time and mana (and health) refreshing HoT’s after Swiftmending somebody!
Major - Glyph of Wild Growth
Also a must have. But only useful in raids. If your not raiding you can go without this. It increases the number of people affected by Wild Growth by 1.
Major - Glyph of Nourish
This one is great too! Increases the amount healed by Nourish by an additional 6% per HoT on the target.
Major – Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation
Introduced in 3.3, possibly the best current Major Resto Druid glyph. It increases the speed your Rejuvenation ticks happen. So it might reduce it from 3 to 2 seconds between each tick. It might be a slight problem in 25 mans where you need to be healing a lot of people. Ideal for 10 mans.
Minor – Glyph of Unburdened Rebirth
Probably the best Minor Glyph there is for Resto Druids. Your Rebirth spell no longer costs a reagent with this. I have hit Rebirth before on a tank who just died to find out I had no reagents.
Minor – Glyph of Dash
Not so obviously useful unless you need to move to somewhere else relatively quickly that takes more than 5 seconds.
Minor – Glyph of the Wild
Decreases the mana cost of MoTW and GoTW by 50%. Handy when you need to buff somebody who has been rezzed in the middle of a fight.
Tank Healing (10/25 Man Raids) (2)
- 2.1 – Tank Healing (10/25 Man Raids) Strategy 1 – Nourish ‘N HoTs
Keep up Rejuvenation, 1-3x Lifebloom, Regrowth and Wild Growth on the Tank. Use Nourish on top of these HoTs. Unless there is an emergency, only Nourish while the HoTs are up. If you do it when they aren’t on the Tank, your missing out on a lot of Healing. Let Lifebloom Bloom and right after it has, reapply 1-3 stacks.
- 2.2 -Tank Healing (10/25 Man Raids) Strategy 2 – Lifebloom Rolling
Keep up Rejuvenation, Wild Growth and 3 stacks of Lifebloom. At the last 1-2 seconds of Lifebloom, reapply it to keep up 3 stacks. Use Nourish in the meantime. This shouldn’t be attempted unless you outgear the instance by a fair amount. Lifebloom takes a lot of mana so you might find yourself going OOM (Out Of Mana) a lot while trying this strategy. (Not recommended)
- 2.3 – Tank Healing (10/25 Man Raids) Strategy 3 – Multiple Lifebloom Rolling
This isn’t really viable anymore but I’ll explain it nevertheless. The trick is to keep up 2-3 stacks of Lifebloom on different Tanks at the same time. Your timing must be exact because you will need to refresh Lifebloom at the correct time and cast Rejuvenation, Wild Growth and Nourish when your not doing it. Not used very often.
- 2.4 – Tank Healing (10/25 Man Raids) Strategy 4 – Slow Rolling
The idea here is to start with 1 Lifebloom on the target. Just before it blooms reapply it to 2 stacks. Just before it blooms put up one more for 3 stacks. This time let it bloom. Repeat.
5 Man Dungeon Healing (3)
If you leveled up a Druid to 80 yourself you probably know how to do this at but I’ll add it in any way. Rejuvenation should be up on the Tank at all times. Use Wild Growth on the tank and Nourish for a quick boost of health. If you are going to get silenced and you know it, put up HoTs on everyone who can/will take damage (Preferably Rejuvenation) .
Raid Healing (10/25 Man Raids) (4)
Here is a look into spells you might be using when Raid-Healing -
- Rejuvenation: 15 Second HoT. This should be applied to as many people in your raid group when AoE damage is expected. Great HPM (Health Per Mana) ability.
- Wild Growth: 7 Second AoE HoT. This is one of your most useful spells. Use it every CD and preferably on the Tank.
- Regrowth: 24 Second HoT and burst heal. When used well, this is one of your most powerful abilities. It adds another HoT and HoT’s are hot! (I’m terribly fond of bad puns)
- Lifebloom: 7 Second HoT with end burst heal. This ability can stack up to 3 times on one target. While Raid-Healing, don’t stack it. It uses a lot of mana and will almost always overheal, meaning wasted mana. At the end of the 6 seconds it will “bloom” and instantly heal for a large amount.
- Nourish: Flash heal. This spell will heal for more when your HoTs are already on the target.
- Swiftmend: Instant burst health spell. Unless you have Glyph Of Swiftmend, this will consume a Rejuvenation or Regrowth HoT effect from the target. Note that even with the glyph, you must have a Rejuvenation or Regrowth on the target.
- Positioning While Raid Healing
Unless the boss has a gimmick that requires you to be in a certain spot at a certain time to avoid dying, you should try to position yourself so that a large amount of people in the raid are in range for you to heal them. The same rules apply like “stop standing in the fire”. Also make sure you can reach the MT(s) from where you are standing in case of emergency.
- Help The Tanks Stay Alive While Raid Healing
Even while RH (Raid-Healing) you should be trying to keep Lifebloom and Rejuvenation on the MT(s). Regrowth too if your not in a hurry to heal other players. Remember, tanks are part of the raid too.
Keep Wild-Growth on CD and cast it on a Tank. If the fight has AoEs, keep up Rejuvenation on as many people as possible. When a large amount of damage hits everybody in the raid, Nourish them, regardless of HoTs. When things are more under control HoT them then Nourish. Make sure the MT has Rejuvenation at all times and at LEAST 1 stack of Lifebloom, preferably more. Save NS + HT for Tanks and Healers but use Swiftmend on players with almost no health.
PvP Healing (Battleground/Arena) (5)
This is a pretty large subject so I’m not going to be covering it in this guide. In the future, when I have a guide to it, I’ll replace this paragraph with a link to the post.
Gems And Enchants (6)s
Tender Shoveltusk Steak and Firecracker Salmon give the best food buffs currently. 46 Spell-Power and 40 Stamina. Fish Feasts also offers this.
If you are looking for MP5 go for Flask of Pure Mojo. If you are looking for Spell-Power go for Flask of the Frost Wyrm. Druids will (usually) get more use out of the latter.
Runic Mana Potion is by far the best potion to have. In a mana-intensive fight every bit counts.
Here is a macro to combine Natures Swiftness with Healing Touch for an instant big heal:
/cast Natures Swiftness
/cast Healing Touch (rank 15)
Yeah… thats it. If you know anymore please tell me in the comments. Not too many for a Resto Druid (at least that I know of).
There can’t be a FAQ without questions now can there? Once again, ask anything you would like to know in the comments and I may put the answer in the FAQ. That “may” is about 99%.
Ok, thats my guide. Feel free to ask in the comments anything or tell me what I missed out/got incorrect.